FIDIC ASPAC 2018
24th to 27th June 2018 Colombo Sri Lanka
“Infrastructure connectivity in the ASPAC Region”
Infrastructure connectivity in the Asia – Pacific region
Background to the Conference theme
It is forecasted that the Asia’s infrastructure market will show an annual growth rate of 7% – 8% in the coming years. At this growth rate the total infrastructure market, will reach US$5.3 trillion by 2025, accounting to 60% of the world total.
Further in the coming decades the investments will be more focused on urbanization worldwide exceeding the money spent in our entire history. Increasingly wealthy and more mobile societies will demand better education as the younger generation becomes the economic leaders of tomorrow.
As Asia Pacific grow and becomes the global economic hub during the next decades, the infrastructure needs across the region will also change rapidly. Robust and sustainable deployment of resources will play a pivotal role in how the economies of the member states in the Asia-Pacific, not only survive but thrive. Particularly the sectors such as Power & Energy infrastructure, Rail & Road Transport Air Ports and Harbors, Schools, healthcare facilities and Communication technology, which will influence priorities and investments in regional infrastructure development. In this context, the need of regional connectivity in the infrastructure development is very much felt in the efficient, effective and sustainable development of the same.
With this background the Conference will focus on the following aspects
- Future infrastructure requirements in the region
- Adopting a regional perspective with infrastructure development
- Regional corporation in the infrastructure development
- Investment opportunities towards infrastructure development within the region
- Regional mechanism for sharing the experience in infrastructure development
- Financial and contracting new models and use of Project monitoring tools in large infrastructure investments
- The issues common to the region
|Invitation to submit Abstracts (Optional) / Full papers||
March 15th 2018
|Notification of Abstracts Acceptance||
March 15th 2018
|Dead line to submission of full papers||
March 30th 2018
|Notification of full papers Acceptance||
April 30th 2018
|Submission of Camera ready papers||
May 30th 2018
|Last date of submission of presentations of papers selected for presenting during the sessions||
June 10th 2018
- Papers written in English should be limited to maximum 8 pages
- Submission of Abstract is optional and full-length paper may be submitted directly.
- Papers should be written in the subject areas relevant to the Conference theme.
- Abstracts/full papers to be submitted to : firstname.lastname@example.org